Search for E-books at chester.overdrive.com. Borrow up to 8 titles at a time with your library card. Lending periods vary.
Borrowing Books and Other Media
Search for books and other media in the Chester County Library System at catalog.ccls.org. Patrons with library privileges may borrow an unlimited number of items. Reserve a book or other materials by placing a hold online. Please return materials on time to avoid any fines.
- Fiction and non-fiction books including, large print book and Spanish language books are loaned for 3 weeks.
- Books on CD are available to rent – $1.50 per title (Books on CD are available without a fee for patrons with visual impairment and for senior citizens 65+. There is no charge for Young Adult or Children’s books on CD.)
- Music CD’s for children and adults are available to borrow for 3 weeks.
- New DVD’s are rented for 3 days for $1.50. Other DVD’s are $1.00 for a week.
- Magazines can be borrowed for a week (including the newest issues) or read your favorite magazines on a computer or mobile device with Flipster.
- Material cannot be renewed if it is on hold for another library member.
- Books, Music and Magazines are usually renewable online. If you are unable to renew online please call us. You can renew by phone at 610-869-2004 when the library is open.
- The first renewal is for the full loan period; the second renewal is for one additional week only. The additional time is added to the day you renew, not the original due date.
- Items borrowed with a fee, such as DVDs or Books on CD may be renewed in person, or by phone and will require a charge to be placed on your account for each item renewed.
- When requesting items that are not available in the Chester County Library System complete a Materials Request Form available at the Circulation Desk. It can take two weeks or more to receive an ILL item. Some materials are not available through interlibrary loan. If the lending library charges a fee, the customer requesting the material is responsible for payment. When your material becomes available at the Avon Grove Library, you will be notified by phone. Material will be returned if not picked up within 7 days.
For more information on library services check the CCLS Help Center, or call the library at 610-869-2004.